|Aspen Rug Hooking Company|
The Art of Living
Why I love living in 2014 and not 1963. I was born in 1963,
and although I share a great fondness for the 60's and 70's,
here are some of the reasons I am happy for today and not
yesterday. And despite all of the tragedy, wars, crime, hate,
and negative mongers of today, I believe in hope. I believe
there is more hope, and there are larger numbers of good
people and good deeds being done now than there ever was in
1. Today tells me I made it this far, and I have been gifted
another day to right my wrongs.
2. I can hear new music like Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off". She
wasn't even born in 1963, and I would have missed out on all
those great songs and her fabulous concert.
3. More on music; my musical tastes have changed with the
times. Although I have my favorites from back in the day, and
still dance to a few, my tastes have changed and I love new
songs! Hello Pherrell Williams and the song, "HAPPY".
4. In a volatile world, there are nearly 500 kind stewards in
one Florida Starbuck's paying it forward, one cup of coffee at
5. There are more people volunteering and busy with
6. Despite the racial gaps that continue to divide us as
evidenced by the Ferguson, MO riots over the past 2-weeks,
more of us today want to abolish lingering discrimination and
believe that living peacefully together is a reality.
7. We are more global and globally informed about earthly
8. Shuttling back and forth to the Space Station in Outer Space
is standard fare; some might even say, passé.
9. We eat healthier and are more conscious of our human
condition to stay healthy.
10. We are better protectors of our women and children. For
example, the violence against women act became a law in 1994.
Yes, only 20-years ago.
I am here, right now; living in this moment, savoring life,
and striving to make it better around me. I am unable to fight
the war against hate and terrorism on a global or even a
national level, but I can do something about the events around
me and my family.
A loving mother to an incredibly intelligent and beautiful young adult, writer, textile artist, and a nurturing keeper of a very lovable Siberian cat and Sir Finlay my rescued Terrier mix.